Different parts of your oral health care can often be overlooked. Treating and maintaining your smile is important, and it is easier than you might think.
For some simple dental health tips, consider the following:
– Focus on brushing your teeth at least twice every day and flossing every day, making sure to floss between all teeth, including behind the back row.
– Always limit or avoid snacks and sweets that can cause erosion and cavities, including products that are extremely acidic or contain large quantities of sugar or starches.
– Keep your toothbrush free of contamination from other brushes and dirty surfaces. Store your brushes vertically, by themselves, and in a well-ventilated area.
– Always keep your appointments for checkups and cleanings you may have scheduled with your dentist.
– Don’t pierce your lips, cheeks or tongue since piercings promote infection and tooth damage.
– Try to use oral health care products that have been deemed safe by dental professionals. Ask your dentist for product recommendations and approvals, and look for as the ADA Seal of Acceptance.
Dr. Asad Ahsan at Vital Dental wants to ensure that your smile continues to shine. If you need a cleaning or exam, or if you have a problem or concern, please contact our office in McKinney, Texas, at (972) 347-0945. Let us help you with all of your oral health care needs.