Gum disease could be lurking your smile. Most people who have gum disease don’t recognize they have it until they lose a tooth or suffer other complicated oral health problems gum disease can cause. To help you identify the signs or symptoms of gum disease, your dentist, Dr. Asad Ahsan with Vital Dental in McKinney, Texas, has provided you some advice on what to watch out for.
The things to watch out for with gum disease include:
– Do your gums continue to bleed or frequently bleed due to brushing, flossing or eating? If so, it may be caused by gum disease.
– Gum disease can infect your tissues to the point that they begin to pull back away from your teeth. This can make teeth extra movable and cause them to slide around or even fall out.
– If you continue to suffer from bad breath despite using various treatment methods, it could be linked to an underlying cause of gum disease.
– Gum disease can lead to additional sensitivity with your gums including painful chewing or tenderness when touched.
– Visual clues that often arise when gum disease is present includes gum that appears abnormal, irregular, inflamed, swollen or teeth that appear to be separating or loose.
If you see any of these symptoms in your teeth and gums, please call us right away to make an appointment. Our dental team is trained to handle this condition and happy to help you overcome it. So, call us today at (972) 347-0945 and take the first step in recovering from your gum disease.