When selecting a toothbrush, choose wisely! A single bad toothbrush could throw off your oral health care, leave plaque to build up in spaces it might miss, or even damage your tooth enamel. Choosing and caring for a toothbrush should be done with each individual’s needs in mind. Only after one realizes which toothbrush will serve them best can they truly begin down the path to oral health care superstardom. To help, here are a few additional tips for toothbrush care:
– Always keep your toothbrushes free of closed spaces, as they can house mold and other forms of bacteria.
– If you share a living space with other people, to avoid contamination, always store toothbrushes separate and never share with each other.
– Replace your toothbrush every few months or earlier as required.
– After using your toothbrush, clean it off and store it in a safe setting.
– Make sure that your toothbrush is the proper size, fits easily in your mouth, has soft bristles to avoid harming your gums or stripping away your tooth enamel, and is capable of reaching and cleaning all areas in your mouth.
For additional help with your progress, schedule oral exams and bi-annual professional cleanings at the dentist office of Vital Dental in McKinney, Texas. If you would like to schedule a visit with Dr. Asad Ahsan, please call our office at (972) 347-0945. Keep your toothbrush healthy and clean so it can keep your teeth healthy and clean forever.