Dental bonding is the process Dr. Asad Ahsan uses to attach materials directly to a tooth to improve the color or shape. The bonding material, which may be porcelain or resin, is attached to the tooth enamel to create a strong restoration that feels like your original tooth.
What is dental bonding used to repair?
– Decayed teeth
– Chipped or cracked teeth
– Stained or discolored teeth
– Small spaces between your teeth
– Teeth that appear too small or short
– Misshapen teeth
– Exposed tooth roots from receding gums
What are the benefits of dental bonding in McKinney, Texas?
– Dental bonding does not have to be manufactured in a lab
– Dental bonding can usually be completed in one office visit
– Unless dental bonding is being used to fill a cavity, anesthesia is usually not needed
Will my bonded teeth need special care?
To care for your new smile, practice good dental hygiene. No special care is required! Brush your teeth at least twice a day, floss once a day, and use mouthwash once or twice a day. Also, be sure to visit Vital Dental regularly for professional exams and cleanings.
How long does dental bonding last?
The lifetime of dental bonding varies by case. Generally, the bonding material lasts from three to ten years before needing to be touched up or replaced.
For more information about dental bonding and to schedule your next visit with our dentist, feel free to contact our dental office at (972) 347-0945 today.